Totally Board – yup that was on purpose! Because so many people who sit on boards are totally bored…or totally confused…or totally frustrated…but those last ones weren’t quite as funny. You know what else isn’t funny…the fact that there are so many people sitting on boards and they aren’t having fun and they don’t feel like they’re making a difference.
So let’s start with a few questions…
Are you a member of a Board of Directors?
Are you a CEO or Executive Director?
Is your board unclear about what it is responsible for?
Does your board want to save money?
Does your board want to make the most of its time?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you’re in the right place.
Strategic Dynamics has been working with people like you for over 20 years.
Until now, we’ve been doing face-to-face board development workshops.
We’re still doing those workshops. If you want to book one for your organization, contact us here.
We’ve come to realize that sometimes face-to-face isn’t the best way to go about board development. This is not because we don’t get great results – we do.
Here’s what some of our clients have to say:
“Every workshop and session…has been a huge success and our agency has strengthened and grown over the years because of it.” – Cindy, Executive Director
“Very useful information delivered in an excellent manner. I would highly recommend Strategic Dynamics to anyone that is interested in improving their team dynamics and in ensuring their business moves forward.” – Sheri, Employment Coordinator
“Our Board and staff left feeling more knowledgeable, skilled, united, and with a greater sense of purpose. I would recommend Strategic Dynamics to anyone that is looking to enhance their organizational development!” – Charlene, Agency Coordinator
So, you might be thinking “if face-to-face is so great, why change it?”
Because we’ve heard from you that
- You have limited time together as a board, and getting together for training is difficult
- Actually hiring a facilitator for a workshop isn’t always possible with budgets and scheduling
- The information you need is not easily accessible online
- You wish you could go back and revisit parts of training whenever you have new questions
- You want to give new board members access to all the information right away instead of waiting for the next board development workshop
- You need to make sure your board is clear about responsibilities and has ongoing support to actually do the work of the board
All those reasons made us curious about whether there was another way to do board development.
Then along came the Internet, where people can do training and learning and exploring from their own home – or from their smartphone wherever they are. And now the facilitator doesn’t have to be in the room with them. Even better, you can access the information over and over again whenever any of you have new questions.
So, we’re designing a web-based product line just for you, with all these needs in mind.
Totally Board is:
- Highly curated, expert information all in one place – that’s right, you don’t have to sort through a bazillion web pages and still be guessing
- Step-by-step, bite-sized pieces you can use right away
- Organized for access on-the-go, wherever you are
- Fun and engaging – because board development doesn’t have to be boring
“Where is this shiny new product line?” you may ask
Well, you’re in luck. We’ve recently launched our first product. It’s all about limiting your personal liability as a board member. If you’re on a board, you are liable. The Cover Your Butt Course (for Board Members) tells you exactly what to do to limit your personal liability.
We’ve also got a bunch of free resources for you!
We’ve got a checklist – 8 Ways to Be a Better Board Member, a video series that focuses on All the Sh*t Your Board Has Been Avoiding (also available to download as audio files, for on-the-go listening), and an 8 article email course that focuses on the essential areas every board member is responsible for. And don’t forget to check out our blog – new posts every month!